Thursday 13 February 2020

For the Record Musings




This attempt they did on there own, completely unsupported. I had contact with them at the following points along the route, in order to take footage for a promotional type video:

  • 5 Arches Bridge
  • Rd crossing outside Greylingstad
  • Bridge just outside Greylingstad
  •  As they exited Greylingstad
  • Whisky Monument
  • Paul Kruger Bridge, Standerton
  • Tar bridge outside Standerton
  • Service rd near Perdekop x2
  • Wimpy Volksrust(long stop)
  • Zaaihoek Dam x2
  • Outskirts of Groenvlei
  • Highest point
  • Rassie's T-junction
  • Picasso Vryheid(long stop)
  • Service rd outside Vryheid
  • 10km before Ulundi
  • Service rd 5km outside Ulundi
  • Ulundi Wimpy(long stop)
  • 10 km before Silk Rd
  • Big rail bridge before Silk Rd
  • Silk Rd
  • Tar straight after Silk Rd
  • Finish

Amongst other things:

I never rode alongside them for any significant length of time so as to chaperone/accompany them. I never handed them anything, I never touched their person or their bicycles, I never assisted them with the ordering of food or liquids, I never assisted them with sleep arrangements, I never stood guard whilst they slept, I never hid food or clothing for them in order that they might retrieve it at some later stage, nor did I retrieve anything en route in order to transport on their behalf, I never made a phone call on their behalf, nor did I knowingly do anything to assist or improve their time by providing mental support etc, etc,etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment